Peter Hayden Dinklage famed as Peter Dinklage is an American actor as well as a producer. His film debut was in Living in Oblivion (1995) and his breakthrough came with the comedy-drama The Station Agent (2003). Since then, he has appeared in many movies including Elf (2003), Find Me Guilty (2006), Underdog (2007), Death at a Funeral (2007), Penelope (2008), The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008), X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014), Pixels (2015), and more. He appeared as Eitri in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Avengers: Infinity War in the year 2018. Moreover, he has won four Primetime Emmys from eight nominations for the HBO television series Game of Thrones. Also, he achieved a Golden Globe in 2011.
|Celebrated Name||Peter Dinklage|
|Birth Name||Peter Dinklage|
|Place Of Birth||Morristown, New Jersey|
|Father||John Carl Dinklage|
|College / University||Bennington College|
|Height||4 ft 5 in|
|Body Measurement||Will Add Soon|
|Net Worth||$10 Million|
|Salary||Will Add Soon|
|Source of Wealth||Acting career|
Early Life of Peter Dinklage
Peter Dinklage was born as Peter Hayden Dinklage on 11th June 1969, in Morristown, New Jersey to John Carl Dinklage, an insurance salesman, and Diane Dinklage, a music teacher at an elementary school. He began noticing that he was suffering from Achondroplasia, which is one of the more common forms of dwarfism that exists in the world. Even though his teenage years were filled with frustration and anger due to his unusual condition, he became more tolerant and receptive once he entered adulthood.
In his fifth grade, he got to play the lead role in one of his school dramas, ‘The Velveteen Rabbit.’ He continued to participate in the drama club until he graduated from ‘Delbarton School’ in 1987. He also took part in a number of different productions, while attending ‘Bennington College.’ He graduated in the year 1991. As of 2019, he celebrated his 50th birthday with his friends and families. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White. His religion is Christian.
The Career of Peter Dinklage
- Peter Dinklage began his career in the year 1995 with the movie ‘Living in Oblivion’ where he performed alongside Steve Buscemi.
- In 1996, he appeared as a building manager in the crime drama Bullet starring rapper Tupac Shakur.
- He was cast later in the comedy 13 Moons (2002).
- He delivered his break-out performance as an actor in the film ‘The Station Agent.’
- He received a number of awards for his role as well as worldwide recognition.
- He noted that usually “roles written for someone my size is a little flat” often either comical or “sort of Lord of the Rings” type characters filled with wisdom; further: “They’re not sexual, they’re not romantic” and “they’re not flawed.”
- He later appeared in the direct-to-DVD film Tiptoes (2003).
- He also starred in several Off-Broadway productions, such as Richard III.
- He co-starred with Vin Diesel in Find Me Guilty in 2006.
- He portrayed the character, Marlowe Sawyer, in episodes of Nip/Tuck in the same year.
- He played a fictionalized version of himself in an episode of the HBO series Entourage and appeared in NBC’s 30 Rock as Stewart.
- He starred in the British comedy movie ‘Death at a funeral’ in 2007.
- The film was a huge success, which led the makers to remake an American version of it in 2010, in which Dinklage reprised his role.
- In the year 2008, he played the role of a grumpy dwarf named Trumpkin in the popular fantasy film ‘The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.’
- Many critics condemned him for playing the very stereotypical role that he has always boasted of avoiding.
- He appeared in the Australian movie I Love You Too alongside Brendan Cowell and Peter Helliar in 2010.
- His big break in television came in the year 2011 when he was selected to play Tyrion Lannister in the medieval-fantasy drama series ‘Game of Thrones,’ which is based on George R. R. Martin’s novel series, ‘A Song of Ice and Fire.’
- People began to love and praise his character, so much so that his screen time was increased and with the start of the second season of the series, he was given the honor of top billing.
- His performance also brought along many prestigious awards to him.
- In 2014, he appeared in ‘Knights of Baddassdom,’ which was a comedy-horror film. He also played the role of Boliver Trask in the movie ‘X-Men: Days of future past.’
- In the year 2015, he appeared in the film ‘Pixels.’
- Here, he played the role of an old arcade champion named Eddie Plant.
- In the year 2018, he appeared in Marvel’s most successful franchise ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ where he played a prominent character named Eitri, a dwarf king who builds the infinity gauntlet for Thanos, the main antagonist of the movie, and Stormbreaker for Thor.
- He donned the hat of a producer for the first time in his 2010 movie ‘Pete Smalls is Dead.’
- He starred and played the title role in My Dinner with Herve in 2019.
- He starred in the title role of a new musical adaptation of Cyrano de Bergerac in August and September 2018, a role he is scheduled to reprise with the Off-Broadway debut of the production during the 2019-2020 season.
Marital Status, Wife, Child
In the year 2005, Dinklage married Erica Schmidt, who is a theater director. In the year 2011, they were blessed with a daughter. They welcomed their second child in the year 2017. The couple has refrained from disclosing the name and gender of the child. As of today, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances. They are enjoying their life a lot.
Personal Life of Peter Dinklage
His ace was injured in the early 1990s when he was in a “punk-funk-rap” band called Whizzy. It gave him a scar that runs from his neck to his eyebrow. The accident happened while he was playing at the nightclub CBGB in New York City, where he was accidentally kneed in the face and then started bleeding on the stage. He described himself as a lapsed Catholic in 2008. He has been a vegetarian since the age of 16 and also he is an advocate for animal rights. He supports Farm Sanctuary and has served as the spokesperson for the organization’s Walk for Farm Animals. He also narrated the video Face your Food, a film on behalf of PETA advocating a vegan diet on ethical grounds. He has a form of dwarfism, achondroplasia, which affects bone growth.
Body Measurements of Peter Dinklage
Peter has got a very handsome look with an amazing personality attracting a lot of people towards him. He is 4 feet 5 inches (135 cm) tall, with an average-sized head and torso but shorter than average limbs. His body weighs 50 kg. Besides these, he has light brown hair and green eyes. His other body measurements will be added soon. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Net Worth of Peter Dinklage
The net worth of this famous and successful actor will be surely in millions. As of 2019, his net worth is believed to have $10 Million but his salary is not revealed yet. There is no doubt in the mind of his follower that he will be earning a considerable amount of money from his career as of now. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings. He might also be earning from other sources such as endorsements but his major source of earning is from his acting career.
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- The Station Agent
- X-Men: Days of Future Past
- Living in Oblivion
- Elf (2003)
- Find Me Guilty (2006)