One Direction’s Harry Styles had his distinctive voice and drive speaking for him when he auditioned for the music talent series The X Factor. Even after he failed to make it to the next stage, the judges were not going to let him leave the show, having seen his potentials and his undeniable guts. He was paired with four other forms of ‘One Direction’, a boy band that took the UK and the US by storm with their back-to-back hits. Apart from the fact that he is the youngest in the group, there is so much more to know about the talented pop singer. Here are lesser-known facts about Harry Styles.
|Celebrated Name||Harry Styles|
|Nick Name||Hazza, Haz, Harold, Harrah, H|
|Birth Name||Harry Edward Styles|
|Place Of Birth||Redditch, Worcestershire, England|
|Genre||Soft Rock, Pop, Rock, Brit-pop|
|Education||Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School|
|Famous For||Singer, Songwriter|
|Net Worth||$ 75 million|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||11 (UK)|
|Birth Nation||United Kingdom|
|Source of Wealth||Singing Career|
Harry Styles Early Life
Back to his early life, Harry Styles was born in Evesham, Worcestershire, England, UK. Harry is British by nationality and he is of English ethnicity. Harry is the son of British parents Anne Twist and Desmond Styles. He has an elder sister named Gemma and an older stepbrother named Mike. He was raised in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire after his parents moved there when he was a child.
Regarding his education, He attended Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School. Styles’ parents divorced when he was seven and his mother later remarried. When he was 16 years old, he worked part-time at the W. Mandeville Bakery in Holmes Chapel.
Read More: Sasha Pieterse, Bio, Family, Career, & More
Harry Styles Singing Career
- Harry began his professional singing career as the lead singer for the band called White Eskimo while he was at Holmes Chapel Comprehensive. He won a local Battle of the Bands competition with White Eskimo. He came to fame when he auditioned as a solo artist for the British television series The X Factor in 2010.
- During the show, he was put into a group along with Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, and Louis Tomlinson to form the boy band later became known as One Direction.
- Following The X Factor, One Direction was signed to Simon Cowell’s Syco Entertainment in 2010. The band released their first studio album, Up All Night in 2011, followed by their second album, Take Me Home in 2012. Their third album Midnight Memories was released in 2013, followed by their fourth album Four in 2014, and Made in the A.M. in 2015.
- On 23 June 2016, Billboard reported that Styles signed a recording contract with Columbia Records as a solo artist, the same label behind One Direction. He will make his acting debut in Christopher Nolan’s action-thriller Dunkirk in 2017.
- Styles serves as an executive producer on the CBS sitcom Happy Together, which premiered in October 2018 and was inspired by Styles’ time living with television producer Ben Winston.
- Further, in 2012, he won the “MTV Europe Music Awards for Best Look” and was named #6 in Glamour’s list of “50 Sexiest Men” of 2013. With his band, he has won eight Teen Choice Awards.
Is Harry Styles Gay?
Given his delicate looks as well as his subtle persona, Harry Styles has been rumored to be gay on various platforms. Also fueling these rumors is the fact that the talented singer has a soft spot for the LGBT community.
Harry who helped a fan come out as gay during a live performance in July 2018, has depicted himself as a staunch supporter and advocate of LGBT rights. This is why there are circulating rumors that he could be one of them after all.
Recommended: Who is Sophie Turner? Things to know about Sophie
Affairs and Relationship
Reflecting on his personal life, Harry Styles is unmarried to date but has a long dating history. He was in a relationship with Caroline Flack, The Xtra Factor presenter, in November 2011. The couple sparked speculation of a romance in the beginning when they shared a drunken kiss at a party. They were caught on camera flirting during the reality series spin-off show broadcast on ITV2. He stayed in the relationship for a year until January 2012.
The singer was in also a relationship with his ex-girlfriend Caroline Flack. The couple started dating in November 2010 and dated until Jan 2012. Styles also dated American singer Taylor Swift in late 2012. The pair had a short-lived romance. They split in January 2013. They were last seen together in New York on New Year’s Eve of that year.
Styles was in a relationship with Victoria’s Secret model, Camille Rowe. The pair reportedly started dating in July 2018. Also, the Dunkirk star has taken his new girlfriend to meet his parents. And as of now, the artist dating a 28-year-old American-Japanese model Kiko Mizuhara.
The English singer’s net worth is $75 million at present. Styles and his bandmates made an announcement of donating $2.6 thousand of their first stadium tour – Where We Are – to the Stand Up to Cancer charity.
According to the sun, each member of the band (One Direction) netted £14million (approx. $19.9 million) after selling just ten shares in their company, 1D Media. The group, One Direction generated $130 million in revenue between June 2014 and 2015. Their “Where We Are” Tour generated $282 million making the second-highest gross for a vocal group in history.
Talking about his assets, Harry Styles owns two houses; a house in LA worth $3.2 million and a house in Hampstead, North London worth $3.9 million. He also owns a classic mid-1990s Porsche 911, a Ford Capri, an Audi R8, A Jaguar E-type, a Ferrari California, and a Range Rover Sport. Styles owns a Ferrari worth $195,000. He also owns a mansion worth $4.8 million, which he named Harry’s Party Palace.
Observing his body statistics, Harry Styles has a height of 6 feet. Harry’s body weighs 74kg. His hair color is dark brown and his eyes are green. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know. Further, He wears a size 11 for his shoes.